Sport Sector COVID-19 Financial Relief | Call for Applications
The Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development invites Sporting clubs and individual athletes to apply for the COVID 19 financial relief programme. The relief will pay P2 500.00 as a wage subsidy for players and staff, and an allowance for professional athletes.
MYSC FINANCIAL RELIEF PROGRAMME (SPORT SECTOR)DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development invites Sporting clubs and individual athletes to apply for the COVID 19 financial relief programme. The relief will pay P2 500.00 as a wage subsidy for players and staff, and an allowance for professional athletes. This will cover the Botswana Premier League (16 teams), National First Division (24 teams) elite professional athletes and affected full time employees in sport for a period of 3 months (April, May, June 2020)
• Premier League Clubs (a maximum of 25 players and 5 other employees per club)
• First Division Clubs (a maximum of 25 players and 5 other employees per club)
• Professional athletes across all sport codes.
• The beneficiaries of the relief fund are employees of the clubs and individual athletes
• The beneficiaries should not have benefited from any other Government COVID 19 (including BNSC and BNOC) relief programme.
• Beneficiaries should not be earning a salary anywhere other than at the sporting club applying on their behalf.
• Only Batswana are eligible to benefit from the programme
• Application forms can be obtained from Botswana National Sport Commission (BNSC), Botswana National Olympic Committee (BNOC) and Botswana Football Association (BFA).
• The forms are also accessible through MYSC social platforms being Facebook (MyscBW), Twitter (@Mysc) and Instagram (@Mysc)
• Clubs to apply for their players
• Submissions to be routed through National Sport Association
Applications will be submitted online or hand delivered at Botswana National Sport Commission (BNSC) The opening date for applications is 22nd May 2020 and the closing date for receipt of applications is 4th June 2020 at 1630hrs. Applications received after the date will not be considered.
For more information please contact our Toll Free Number: 0800 600 883 or MYSC WhatsApp Number: 0267 76 861 090DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM